Phlebotomist Cover Letter
Phlebotomists take blood samples from patients and send them to medical laboratories. They are also required to report their findings to physicians. Common job activities performed by a Phlebotomist include reading test requisitions, performing venipunctures and fingersticks to collect blood samples, ensuring blood specimen integrity, collaborating with medical staff, measuring glucose levels, tracking specimens, and logging information to medical records.
A successful example cover letter for Phlebotomist should highlight qualifications such as:
- Dexterity and knowledge of methods for obtaining blood specimens
- Bedside manners and empathy
- Recordkeeping skills
- Medical teamwork
- Effective communication
- Computer literacy
- Stamina and resilience
- Attention to details and accuracy
Comparable Phlebotomist skills can be seen in the cover letter sample provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Phlebotomist Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Murrell:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Phlebotomist position you have available. With my solid background in phlebotomy, along with my superior skills in analysis and communication, I possess a wide range of knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your team.
Through my experience, I have become well versed in collecting and processing blood specimens, documenting/updating medical records, and utilizing complex equipment. Additionally, because of my comprehensive education in life sciences and chemistry, I have gained knowledge in diverse laboratory topics, instruments, and hands-on techniques, as well as the ability to integrate superior organization and communication skills across all levels of phlebotomy.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Properly acquiring and handling blood specimens according to established guidelines, protocols, and safety procedures while maintaining an unfailingly sanitary and safe workplace
- Demonstrating strong knowledge of venipuncture and additional diagnostic testing procedures as well as the proper blood draw order.
- Possessing a record of providing superior patient support, explaining treatments and procedures and answering questions to ensure outstanding patient experiences.
- Offering complementary assistance in a full range of administrative duties, including appointments, phone support, insurance claim filing, and records management.
- Obtaining credential as a Certified Phlebotomy Technician; currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
My commitment to excellence in the field of phlebotomy coupled with my extensive knowledge of laboratory techniques will translate into dedication to the work performed by your team. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Carol C. Hunter
Dear Mr. Howard
As per the requirements in your posting on LiveCareer the enclosed packet including my resume is being submitted as the first step in applying for the Pathology Collector opening with your organisation. It includes the downloaded application a copy of my Masters Degree a brief but thorough detailing of my residency and a list of references. The resume itself will more than delineate my qualifications for the position.
With a dual study in blood and forensic pathology I have a total six years in the field as a pathology assistant and pathology collector. I have operated on rotating shifts making myself available via a hospital supplied vehicle. Besides collecting test samples I conducted diagnostic exams and gave results to the hospital where appropriate treatment decisions can then be made. Considering the role the pathology collector plays in medical care I pay strict attention to procedures. It is why I am constantly on the lookout for the latest innovations in labouratory testing and diagnostic procedures. I am happy to say I have sharp communication skills allowing me to keep accurate and accessible records and relay findings in concise manners.
I am sure you will review my packet and agree I have the skills to be your new Pathology Collector. I would like to come in for an interview.