- Post-graduate University Degree in Knowledge Management, Management, Information Technology, Communication, Social Sciences, or related area, or equivalent relevant experience combined with a first degree.
- 7 years of previous knowledge management and/or results management experience working with the UN, a similar international organization or a large international company, required;
- Proven experience with implementing and managing knowledge management initiatives within large organizations is required;
- Proven experience in applying Results Based Management (RBM) techniques, particularly developing results and indicator frameworks in large organizations, is required;
- Experience working collaboratively in a team structure in a multicultural environment;
- Good understanding of KM systems and technology is a strong asset;
- Experience with developing and promoting prescriptive KM content such as policies and standard operating procedures for KM is a strong asset;
- Broad knowledge of the UN system in general highly desirable, good knowledge of UNDP is an asset.
- Fluency in English, essential.
Recommended Presentation of Offer
Interested individual consultants must include the following documents when submitting the applications:
An updated CV indicating past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable candidate for the assignment. Indicate available start date.
- Financial proposal of “all inclusive” consultancy fee:
Applicants are instructed to submit their financial proposals in US Dollars for this consultancy to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the financial proposal template available here: http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_file.cfm?doc_id=45780. The proposals should be sent via email with the following subject heading: “Financial Proposal – Knowledge Management Consultancy – KM Measurement framework" by the deadline of this vacancy.
In order to assist the requesting unit in the comparison of financial proposals, the financial proposal should be all-inclusive and include a breakdown. The term ‘all-inclusive” implies that all costs (professional fees, travel related expenses, communications, utilities, consumables, insurance, etc.) that could possibly be incurred by the Contractor are already factored into the financial proposal.
The cost of travel from the home base to the duty station and vice versa, where such travel is required, should be included in the financial proposal.
Criteria for Selection of the Best Offer
The award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose proposal is determined as having the highest combined score of the technical and financial scores, calculated as follows:
Technical criteria weight (70%)
Financial criteria weight (30%)
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 70 points out of 100 at the technical evaluation will be considered for the financial evaluation.
Technical Proposal (70%)
The breakdown of the evaluation of the technical proposal is as follows:
- Criteria A: Experience with implementing and managing knowledge management initiatives in large organizations (30 points)
- Criteria B: Experience with preparing and monitoring results and indicator frameworks in large organizations (30 points)
- Criteria C: Experience with knowledge management systems and technology (10 points)
- Criteria D: Experience with developing prescriptive knowledge management content (15 points)
- Criteria E: Familiarity with UNDP or the UN system in general (15 points)
Interviews may be conducted.
Financial Proposal (30%)
The following formula will be used to evaluate financial proposal: p = y (µ/z) where:
p = points for the financial proposal being evaluated
y = maximum number of points for the financial proposal (30 points)
µ = price of the lowest priced proposal
z = price of the proposal being evaluated
The award of contract will be made to the individual consultant who receives the highest combined score out of the weighted technical and financial criteria as specified above.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS_ INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT (IC)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
We are one of Africa's Leading knowledge management consulting organizations aimed at sensitizing, training and helping organisations of any size to deliver tangible business value from their knowledge, we have the expertise to help you through the designing of knowledge management strategies and frameworks, delivering knowledge management initiatives, and providing essential knowledge management support services, to successfully equip an organization with a working KM Implementation. Supported by world leaders in the knowledge management field, we have become the organization of choice in KM Initiatives for clients in any sector Across Africa locally and internationally, and we have access to a network of highly experienced knowledge management consultants managing Intensive Knowledge Firms who work with us on larger assignments. Our Portfolio include
- Developing Knowledge Management strategy
- Creating Knowledge Management toolkits and training
- Benchmarking Knowledge Management capability (including Knowledge Retention Strategy)
- Knowledge Management implementation planning
- Launching and sustaining Communities of Practice
- Knowledge Management Infrastructure design
- Knowledge Management & IT Integration and Framework development
- Implementation planning and support
Our team of experts includes Knowledge management researchers, IT Analysts and Integrators and a supporting network of Knowledge Management practitioners in Knowledge intensive Organizations. our mandate is to improve performance and increase profitability through KM and ICT Integration.
"Let us work together to help your organisation apply knowledge management to enhance the value of your people and what they know. Through our KM support services, we will help your organisation to harness and deploy knowledge held right across your enterprise, from strategy through to after implementation.
Post implementation Support and value sustenance
Sustaining Knowledge Management beyond the initial implementation period is always a challenge. here the definition of who we are always comes in. as professionals advocating for capacity development in ICT and Knowledge Processes, we help you develop a sustainable Knowledge Management Framework - of roles, processes, technologies and governance - that ensures long term value delivery, and enables Knowledge Management to be fully embedded in your organizational culture. we will support you through delivering Knowledge Management services such as Lesson Learning services, Training and coaching, and Community of Practice support.